Thank you so much for your keen interest in Awaji Youth Federation.
2017 Fellowship Applications are closed and we are very pleased to invite very enthusiastic,
highly qualified fellows from all around the world.
We would like to encourage you to consider applying in the next year.
For further information, please refer to our web site to be updated on occasion.
Thank you once again.
Fellowship Program Objectives & Features
The AYF provides a creative platform to the next generation of young innovators and designers to come together across cultures, backgrounds and disciplines. Using their own unique skills and existing specializations, they will find new solutions to global issues through study and collaboration in the two AYF Fellowship streams of regional revitalization and entrepreneurship.
- Fellows will participate in the AYF in-house training program, and will receive valuable on-the-job work experience to enhance their skills and capabilities through active involvement in new business projects and facilities operated by the Pasona Group on Awaji Island.
- After program completion, Fellows will be possibly eligible for assistance from the Pasona Group with new start-up ventures, or future employment opportunities either in Japan or abroad.
Awaji Youth Fellowships: 2 Streams and 8 Specializations
AYF Training Program Overview:
- Possible participants select a desired Fellowship Stream of either entrepreneurship or regional revitalization upon applying to the AYF program, and nominate which of the 8 specializations most closely corresponds to their current study discipline or area of achievement.
- At the beginning of the program, each Fellow decides what their “mission” will be and how they will work both individually and collectively over the course of 12 months towards realizing that outcome
- The multi-disciplinary creative works, ideas and co-production efforts will be presented at the end of the program as results of each Fellowship.
AYF Work Experience:
Fellows will also be assigned to on-the-job training in the form of professional work experience reflecting individual capabilities, specialization, and interests at a variety of commercial facilities operated by Pasona Group on Awaji Island.
(Examples: This may include work relating to the international aspects of regional revitalization, tourism promotion, marketing, communications, interpreting and translation, or new business development etc.)
- Vocational or bachelor’s degree
- English ability of TOEIC 700 or equivalent qualification for non-native speakers
- Academic or other achievement in one of the 8 specializations nominated under the AYF program
- Status: Contract employee of Pasona Group Inc.
- Period: One year from November, 2017
- Fellowship hours: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. (To be organized in shift rotations)
- Location: Awaji Island, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- Salary: 250,000 yen base salary per month
- Benefits: health insurance, worker’s compensation coverage, annual leave
- Fellowship Fees: 156,000 yen per month (includes accommodation, utilities, morning and evening meals, tuition fees)
- Other costs borne by participants: Return airfare to Japan, contribution to the social safety net insurance, domestic travel expenses, other living expenses as required, income tax, etc.
*Participation in the training program and residence at the accommodation provided are requisite.
*Social insurance premiums and income tax are deducted from salaries